The below privacy policies tell you what to expect when Chelmsford College collects personal information. It covers why we collect personal information, how we use it and how we keep it secure.
We keep our privacy policies under regular review. By using the website, you're agreeing to the terms within these policies.
If you would like further information on GDPR at Chelmsford College please contact our Data Protection Officer.
Information we collect from our website
Our websites host several forms, including
- course and vacancy applications
- event registration & feedback
- contact / queries
- download / further information requests
We work to protect the security of the above information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
The information is stored and used in accordance with the above policies.
Information we collect from Third Parties
- Google Analytics When someone visits our website we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone.
- Social media If you participate in any discussion on our social media platforms, you may provide us with information such as your name and address, email or phone number.
We also use:
- Facebook Insights that provide information about our Facebook page's performance and engagement, and how people are responding to our posts.
- LinkedIn Insights to enable campaign reporting and details on how visitors interact with our website.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile reports on website activity.
Like many websites, we also obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses chelmsford.ac.uk, or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Chelmsford College on other websites. This information is used to provide measurement services and target advertisements.
For further information visit www.allaboutcookies.org.