What Are Cookies
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your device (computer, tablet or mobile phone) when you browse websites. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used. These cookies are set when you submit a form, login or interact with the site. We also use some cookies to anonymously track visitors or enhance your experience of this site. Some of our pages use third-party services or software, such as maps, live chat, online videos or social networking features. Many of these services may set cookies on your device.
More about our cookies
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around this website and use its features, such as logging in or applying for courses. Without these cookies these services cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for example which pages are the most popular, how long people spend on the site and whether they receive error messages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor; all the information is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used in order to improve how a website works. If you wish to opt-out of Google Analytics you can install their opt-out browser add-on.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make and information you've provided. This gives a more personal feel to the site and improves usability. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track browsing activity on other sites.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and a large proportion of the world's websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
Third Party Cookies
- Google Analytics is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
- Youtube & Google Maps. Google set a number of cookies on any page that includes a Youtube video &/or Google Map. While we have no control over the cookies set by Google, they include a mixture of pieces of information to measure the number and behaviour of Youtube/Google Maps users.
The above Google cookies do not identify you personally unless you are logged into Google, in which case it is linked to your Google account.
Visit Google Privacy & Terms for more information on Google cookies.
- We also use social media buttons and plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Twitter & Instagram, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Please visit the respective third party’s website to read their privacy policies.