UPDATE: 11/01/2021: Support Available During Winter Break
We recognise that during the College closure, extra strain may be put on you and/or your family. Please see below for a number of places you can access different types of support, including wellbeing support if you feel you or your family need it.
Download Winter Support Leaflet
We are more than just a College
We're not just here to teach, we offer you all the support you need
Chelmsford College is dedicated to giving its learners as much financial and practical support as possible.
The Student Support Team provide a range of specialist support to learners regarding financial, emotional, behavioural or personal problems, as well as providing advice on all aspects of health and well-being. Student Support is also a point of contact for any safeguarding or child protection issues and for access to the Chaplaincy Team.
The services Student Support provides include:
- Children in Care/Care leavers: if you are in care or recently left care we are committed to meeting your needs in a confidential and sensitive way. We have a designated person who is available to meet with you before and during your time at College to help you overcome any difficulties you may be facing. Please e-mail the Student Support team on StudentSupportDL@chelmsford.ac.uk or contact us on 01245 265611 (x3317).
- Financial Assistance: is available for those learners who are finding it difficult to commence or continue their study through financial hardship.
- Childcare: help with childcare costs may be available for those learners who are caring for their own child.
- Travel to College: students under 19 years can apply to Essex County Council, if Chelmsford College is the nearest place offering the chosen course or full time learners can apply to use the College subsidised travel scheme.
- Chaplaincy: seeks to be open to all, regardless of faith, gender, race, impairment or sexuality, to create an accepting environment and to maintain appropriate confidentiality.
- Emotional Well Being: Support available for all learners from our College counsellor or mental health advisor.
Discretionary Bursary - Food Allowance and Free School Meals
The bursary food voucher scheme will revert back to monies on college card from 12th April 2021 – please check your college email "firstname.lastname@example.org" for further information.
Please note: There is a four week expiry on any outstanding remote vouchers that you have not already downloaded from the date of receipt to your inbox.
Contact Student Support on 01245 265611 (x3317) or email email@example.com