Chelmsford College

Frequently Asked Questions

What courses can I take in Further Education?

There are a wide range of qualifications you can work towards including Advanced level courses (e.g. AS/A2 levels) and work-related qualifications such as Diplomas in subjects like Early Years, Construction and Catering. You can also choose from a range of other vocational qualifications such as NVQs.

What financial help is available to me?

Assistance is available for those learners who are finding it difficult to commence or continue their study through financial hardship. A discretionary learner support fund is offered for young people from low income households and levels of support vary depending on individual circumstances.

Who can I talk to if I need help in making my decisions?

There are a number of people who can help you. Careers teachers at your school would be the first point of contact or you can contact the careers advisors at the College who will provide you with details on all your Further Education options, including full-time study or Apprenticeship programmes.

What are my main options after Further Education?

Your main options are to continue with your learning full-time or part-time in Further or Higher Education, or you can get a job or an Apprenticeship, or you can take a year out before studying at Higher Education level.

What should I consider when choosing which college/sixth form to study at?

The main things you should consider are the location, reputation and results, the courses offered and the overall environment. The best way to research these things would be to attend Information Evenings or Open Days to see the institution and speak to the teaching staff.

Course Enquiries

Call 01245 265611

Follow us

Facebook Twitter Instagram