Additional Learning Support
Please read the following information about learning support for vocational courses at the College and how to contact us about your needs.
How we support young people with SEND
- Individualised support plans for learners with Educational Health & Care Plans
- Learning Support Assistants
- Skills Development Centre
- Assistive technology
- Links with external Specialist Teachers
- Assessments for access arrangements
- Supporting your progression
- Personal care, lift passes, assistive or adapted equipment and quiet area
- Signposting to other college services - pastoral and financial
Young people with High Needs and/or Educational Health & Care Plans
- Educational Health & Care Plans have replaced the old education statement. For more information take a look at the Essex Local Offer website: www.essexlocaloffer.org.uk
- The Learning Support Team meet with learners with EHCPs and their parents or carers to discuss needs in detail. We will then create an Individual Support Plan (ISP): this summarises the young person’s needs and sets out the support they will receive.
- ISPs are shared with tutors. We will ensure everyone involved in working with a young person has information and guidance to support them to achieve their outcomes.
- Six-weekly reviews of support plans ensures support is flexible and responds to changing needs of the student.
- Students, their parents/carers and relevant agencies are invited to Annual Reviews
- Previous access arrangements do not automatically continue from a previous setting and you may need to be re-assessed
- Students will be given the opportunity to request an assessment at the beginning of the year/notified of the deadlines for requesting an assessment
- Your teacher(s) will need to provide evidence to support an assessment and confirm that a request for concessions is the learner’s normal way of working in the classroom
- You may need to provide evidence of diagnosis/medical condition before an assessment can take place.
- Requests or queries can also be sent to accessarrangements@Chelmsford.ac.uk
Contact us as early as possible if you are thinking of studying with us and have SEND…
- Please provide us with more information about your needs by completing and submitting the form. One of our team may then contact you for a further discussion and assessment if required.
- If you have a routine medical condition please send details to AdditionalLearningSupport@chelmsford.ac.uk, using the subject "MEDICAL".