We are more than just a College
We're not just here to teach, we offer you all the support you need
Chelmsford College is dedicated to giving its learners as much financial and practical support as possible.
The Student Support Team provide a range of specialist support to learners regarding financial, emotional, behavioural or personal problems, as well as providing advice on all aspects of health and well-being. Student Support is also a point of contact for any safeguarding or child protection issues and for access to the Chaplaincy Team.
Contact Student Support on 01245 265611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The services Student Support provides include:
- Children in Care/Care leavers: if you are in care or recently left care we are committed to meeting your needs in a confidential and sensitive way. We have a designated person who is available to meet with you before and during your time at College to help you overcome any difficulties you may be facing. Please e-mail Elizabeth Tugwell on email@example.com or contact her on 01245 265611 for more information on the support we can offer
- The HuB:- is a dedicated centre offering advice, information and support on various health and well-being related topics.
- Financial Assistance: is available for those learners who are finding it difficult to commence or continue their study through financial hardship.
- Childcare: help with childcare costs may be available for those learners who are caring for their own child.
- Travel to College: students under 19 years can apply to Essex County Council, if Chelmsford College is the nearest place offering the chosen course or full time learners can apply to use the College subsidised travel scheme.
- Chaplaincy: seeks to be open to all, regardless of faith, gender, race, impairment or sexuality, to create an accepting environment and to maintain appropriate confidentiality.